BMAC rejects Gadkari`s appeal to Muslims
New Delhi: The Babri Masjid Action Committee
(BMAC) on Saturday night rejected BJP`s appeal to Muslims to give up
their claim on the disputed site in Ayodhya saying "there is
no change of heart" on the part of the party.
Asked if he welcomes BJP President Nitin Gadkari`s effort
to reach out to Muslims during the party`s national executive
meeting in Indore, BMAC counsel Zafaryab Gilani said "I don`t
find any change. There is only change of language, change of
words but not the change of attitude or change of heart".
"It is not an offer at all. They know that Muslims cannot
surrender their rights to the mosque or rights regarding
mosque or namaz", he told a private TV channel.
"We do not see any change in the attitude of BJP and Shiv
Sena. There is no substance in this offer or appeal", he said.
According to Gilani, the apex court has said that the
issue would be adjudicated.
"It is not a question of faith of Balasaheb Thackeray
or of RSS or any BJP leader. It is the question of the country
being governed by the rule of law", the BMAC leader said.
Gadkari had asked Muslims to give up their claim on the
disputed site in Ayodhya and said if they do so Hindus would
help them build a mosque in Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug