Boat with 42 people missing in Bay of Bengal
Bhubaneswar: At least 42 people, including several women and children, travelling by boat have gone missing in the Bay of Bengal near Dhamra port in Orissa`s Bhadrak district, police said late Wednesday.
"The residents of Nuagaon village had gone in a power boat to visit some nearby temples Tuesday," District Superintendent of Police JN Pankaj told reporters.
They were last seen at about 5 p.m. Tuesday by some fishermen in the sea when they were on their way back, he added.
The search operations were affected due to high tide in the sea and bad weather conditions, he said, adding that the victims might have taken shelter at some nearby areas.
Local authorities have requisitioned a helicopter and also sought the help of Indian Navy and coast guard.
Dhamra port is about 200 km from Bhubaneswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!