Bodh Gaya blasts: BJP dismisses Digvijay Singh`s allegations on Narendra Modi
New Delhi: BJP on Monday dismissed Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s suggestion that there may be a connection between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s call to party workers to teach his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar a lesson and a blast taking place in Bodh Gaya the next day.
"Digvijay Singh has the habit of seeing things where they are not. The Bodhgaya blasts should be taken seriously. This poses a danger to the cultural and religious ethos of India. It is a serious attack on the country where a place of peace and non-violence has been targeted," BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters here.
He said the attack on a Buddhist temple of such significance raises apprehensions of other such places of worship being attacked by terrorists.
"Sarnath is in my constituency. There are universities in Nalanda and Sanchi (which may be possible targets in future," Joshi said.
He hinted that the threat is more aggravated as this is an election year.
Digvijay Singh had tweeted: "Amit Shah promises a Grand Temple at Ayodhya. Modi addresses Bihar BJP workers and asks them to teach Nitish a lesson. Next day Bomb Blasts at Mahabodhi Temple at Bodhgaya. Is there a connect? I don`t know."
Singh maintained that NIA should be allowed to complete the probe into the blasts before drawing conclusions.
Modi met Joshi to discuss the serial blasts in Bodhgaya and the terror threat to the Buddhist circuit as well as Hindu shrines in the country.
"The serial blasts in Bodhgaya have given a new angle to the threat perception across the country. Modi came to discuss this with me. There is a threat also to the Hindu-Buddhist conclaves that are organised often," Joshi said.
BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar maintained that Singh`s comments should not be taken seriously as they have no meaning or significance. "He talks as if he has lost his balance," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand