Bodh Gaya serial blasts: Centre hands over probe to NIA
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday handed over Bodh Gaya blasts case probe to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
The Ministry of Home Affairs has notified that the investigations in the July 7 serial blasts case stand transferred to NIA from Bihar Police, Home Ministry officials said.
The NIA had reached the temple town on the same evening and has been assisting the local police in the investigation.
Meanwhile, four people were detained for questioning in connection with the serial blasts in Patna today.
One woman is amongst the four who have been detained.
The four people were picked up by the NIA after police claimed they had checked out of a hotel near the Mahabodhi temple complex at about 6.30 am, just about two hours ater they checked in. No arrests have been made in the case yet.
A police officer said the four people were being questioned at an unknown location. The identities of the four were immediately not known.
Police said that Binod Kumar Mistri, who has been detained by the NIA on the basis of his voter I-card found inside the temple during search after the Sunday explosions, continued to remain under custody. Police, however, were not able to ascertain his role, if any, in the attack on Buddhism`s holiest shrine.
Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) member Arvind Singh said that CRPF and Bihar Military Police (BMP) have taken over charge of security at the historic Mahabodhi Temple. BTMC private security guards are assisting them inside the temple.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!