Bodh Gaya serial blasts: Centre hands over probe to NIA
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday handed over Bodh Gaya blasts case probe to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
The Ministry of Home Affairs has notified that the investigations in the July 7 serial blasts case stand transferred to NIA from Bihar Police, Home Ministry officials said.
The NIA had reached the temple town on the same evening and has been assisting the local police in the investigation.
Meanwhile, four people were detained for questioning in connection with the serial blasts in Patna today.
One woman is amongst the four who have been detained.
The four people were picked up by the NIA after police claimed they had checked out of a hotel near the Mahabodhi temple complex at about 6.30 am, just about two hours ater they checked in. No arrests have been made in the case yet.
A police officer said the four people were being questioned at an unknown location. The identities of the four were immediately not known.
Police said that Binod Kumar Mistri, who has been detained by the NIA on the basis of his voter I-card found inside the temple during search after the Sunday explosions, continued to remain under custody. Police, however, were not able to ascertain his role, if any, in the attack on Buddhism`s holiest shrine.
Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) member Arvind Singh said that CRPF and Bihar Military Police (BMP) have taken over charge of security at the historic Mahabodhi Temple. BTMC private security guards are assisting them inside the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!