Bodh Gaya serial blasts: Centre hands over probe to NIA
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday handed over Bodh Gaya blasts case probe to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
The Ministry of Home Affairs has notified that the investigations in the July 7 serial blasts case stand transferred to NIA from Bihar Police, Home Ministry officials said.
The NIA had reached the temple town on the same evening and has been assisting the local police in the investigation.
Meanwhile, four people were detained for questioning in connection with the serial blasts in Patna today.
One woman is amongst the four who have been detained.
The four people were picked up by the NIA after police claimed they had checked out of a hotel near the Mahabodhi temple complex at about 6.30 am, just about two hours ater they checked in. No arrests have been made in the case yet.
A police officer said the four people were being questioned at an unknown location. The identities of the four were immediately not known.
Police said that Binod Kumar Mistri, who has been detained by the NIA on the basis of his voter I-card found inside the temple during search after the Sunday explosions, continued to remain under custody. Police, however, were not able to ascertain his role, if any, in the attack on Buddhism`s holiest shrine.
Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) member Arvind Singh said that CRPF and Bihar Military Police (BMP) have taken over charge of security at the historic Mahabodhi Temple. BTMC private security guards are assisting them inside the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery