Bodhi tree sapling sent to PM for Thailand tour
Gaya: A sapling of the historic Bodhi tree under which Lord Buddha had attained enlightenment has been sent to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who will take it as a "gift" to Thailand next week.
On request from the Prime Minister Office to the Chief Minister Office in Patna, a sapling of the Bodhi tree has been sent to Delhi, Arvind Kumar Singh, member of Bodhgaya Temple Management Committee said.
The sapling of the Bodhi tree, considered a mark of peace, would be taken by the PM as a "gift" to Thailand during his tour next week.
A security personal and a gardener have also been sent to the national capital through train to hand it over to the PMO, Singh said.
King Ashoka`s sister Sanghmitra had taken a sapling of the tree to Sri Lanka.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has also brought a sapling of the Bodhi tree and planted it at One Anne Marg, his residence in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!