Bodhi tree sapling sent to PM for Thailand tour
Gaya: A sapling of the historic Bodhi tree under which Lord Buddha had attained enlightenment has been sent to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who will take it as a "gift" to Thailand next week.
On request from the Prime Minister Office to the Chief Minister Office in Patna, a sapling of the Bodhi tree has been sent to Delhi, Arvind Kumar Singh, member of Bodhgaya Temple Management Committee said.
The sapling of the Bodhi tree, considered a mark of peace, would be taken by the PM as a "gift" to Thailand during his tour next week.
A security personal and a gardener have also been sent to the national capital through train to hand it over to the PMO, Singh said.
King Ashoka`s sister Sanghmitra had taken a sapling of the tree to Sri Lanka.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has also brought a sapling of the Bodhi tree and planted it at One Anne Marg, his residence in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'