Bodies of 3 army men washed away in flash floods recovered
New Delhi: Bodies of three army men who
were washed away in flash floods in Shyok river, caused by
cloudburst over Leh on August 6, were recovered today from
near their post in Tyakshi in Turtok along the Pakistan
With the recovery of the three Junior Commissioned
Officers (JCO), the Army has till date recovered bodies of 15
out of the 28 men who were feared to have been washed away
across the Line of Control into Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.
The 28 men had been manning their post at Tyakshi, near
Siachen Glacier, when the flash floods occurred.
"We have today recovered the bodies of three JCOs. With
this we have recovered bodies of three JCOs and 12 men and are
yet to find the other 13 men. The search is in progress," an
army officer said here.
The JCOs and men belonged to 15 Bihar and 8 Rajputana
Rifles. Rajputana Rifles men were replacing the Bihar men at
the post and it was during the course of their handing over
that the flash floods struck.
In fact, India had sought the help of Pakistan to trace
the men, who were washed into the PoK, and the neighbouring
country assisted in recovering and handing over a couple of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday