Bodies of 3 army men washed away in flash floods recovered
New Delhi: Bodies of three army men who
were washed away in flash floods in Shyok river, caused by
cloudburst over Leh on August 6, were recovered today from
near their post in Tyakshi in Turtok along the Pakistan
With the recovery of the three Junior Commissioned
Officers (JCO), the Army has till date recovered bodies of 15
out of the 28 men who were feared to have been washed away
across the Line of Control into Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.
The 28 men had been manning their post at Tyakshi, near
Siachen Glacier, when the flash floods occurred.
"We have today recovered the bodies of three JCOs. With
this we have recovered bodies of three JCOs and 12 men and are
yet to find the other 13 men. The search is in progress," an
army officer said here.
The JCOs and men belonged to 15 Bihar and 8 Rajputana
Rifles. Rajputana Rifles men were replacing the Bihar men at
the post and it was during the course of their handing over
that the flash floods struck.
In fact, India had sought the help of Pakistan to trace
the men, who were washed into the PoK, and the neighbouring
country assisted in recovering and handing over a couple of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video