Bodies of CRPF jawans cremated with full honours
Bhiwani(Har): Bodies of two CRPF jawans,
killed in the worst-ever Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh two
days ago, was today cremated with full state honours at their
native villages here.
Last rites of Sandeep Yadav and Pradeep were performed at
their native villages of Nand Gaon and Alampur respectively.
A CRPF contingent led by Commandant U S Shekhawat
reversed arms and fired in the air in honour of the departed
souls while Tehsildar Radhey Shaym Bishnoi and City Magistrate
Manjit Singh laid wreaths on their bodies on behalf of
Governor Jagannath Pahadia.
They were among the 75 personnel killed in the deadliest
Naxal attack on security forces on Tuesday in the jungles of
Sandeep`s father Ummed Singh performed his last rites.
29-year-old Sandeep had joined the paramilitary force in
September 2002 and undergone training in gurrila fight in
March this year.
He is survived by wife Sunita Devi, a son and a daughter.
The mortal remains of his colleague Pradeep, who had
joined CRPF in 2006, were consigned to flames by his elder
brother Manoj. He is survived by his parents, wife, a daughter
and two sisters.
A number of people had converged at both the villages to
pay homage to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis reach 3rd round in French Open