Bodies of CRPF jawans cremated with full honours
Bhiwani(Har): Bodies of two CRPF jawans,
killed in the worst-ever Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh two
days ago, was today cremated with full state honours at their
native villages here.
Last rites of Sandeep Yadav and Pradeep were performed at
their native villages of Nand Gaon and Alampur respectively.
A CRPF contingent led by Commandant U S Shekhawat
reversed arms and fired in the air in honour of the departed
souls while Tehsildar Radhey Shaym Bishnoi and City Magistrate
Manjit Singh laid wreaths on their bodies on behalf of
Governor Jagannath Pahadia.
They were among the 75 personnel killed in the deadliest
Naxal attack on security forces on Tuesday in the jungles of
Sandeep`s father Ummed Singh performed his last rites.
29-year-old Sandeep had joined the paramilitary force in
September 2002 and undergone training in gurrila fight in
March this year.
He is survived by wife Sunita Devi, a son and a daughter.
The mortal remains of his colleague Pradeep, who had
joined CRPF in 2006, were consigned to flames by his elder
brother Manoj. He is survived by his parents, wife, a daughter
and two sisters.
A number of people had converged at both the villages to
pay homage to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing