Bodies of CRPF jawans cremated with full honours
Bhiwani(Har): Bodies of two CRPF jawans,
killed in the worst-ever Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh two
days ago, was today cremated with full state honours at their
native villages here.
Last rites of Sandeep Yadav and Pradeep were performed at
their native villages of Nand Gaon and Alampur respectively.
A CRPF contingent led by Commandant U S Shekhawat
reversed arms and fired in the air in honour of the departed
souls while Tehsildar Radhey Shaym Bishnoi and City Magistrate
Manjit Singh laid wreaths on their bodies on behalf of
Governor Jagannath Pahadia.
They were among the 75 personnel killed in the deadliest
Naxal attack on security forces on Tuesday in the jungles of
Sandeep`s father Ummed Singh performed his last rites.
29-year-old Sandeep had joined the paramilitary force in
September 2002 and undergone training in gurrila fight in
March this year.
He is survived by wife Sunita Devi, a son and a daughter.
The mortal remains of his colleague Pradeep, who had
joined CRPF in 2006, were consigned to flames by his elder
brother Manoj. He is survived by his parents, wife, a daughter
and two sisters.
A number of people had converged at both the villages to
pay homage to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray