Body of French staffer handed over to officials
Mumbai: Body of the 33-year-old French
Consulate staffer, who allegedly committed suicide at her flat
in suburban Bandra yesterday, was on Tuesday handed over to the
consulate officials who will fly it to their country, police
Iwona Khuchmi, who was said to be in depression, was
found hanging to a ceiling fan with a belt at 3 PM yesterday
in her suburban Bandra house by her land lady who opened the
door with duplicate keys, they said.
"A postmortem was conducted on her body in a civic-run
Cooper Hospital and it was handed over to the Consulate
people," D Patil, inspector at Bandra police station said.
According to police, Khuchmi`s colleague had yesterday
called up the owner of the flat in Munich building to check if
she was at home as Khuchmi did not attend office on Monday and
was also not attending the phone calls, they said.
The house owner then went to the flat and knocked on
the door but got no response. She then opened the door using
duplicate keys to find Khuchmi hanging, police said, adding
they also found deep cuts inflicted with a sharp object on
"The lady was staying in the flat alone since November
last year. Her land lady last saw Khuchmi on Sunday when she
came back home at around 8pm," Patil said.
Khuchmi has left behind a three-page suicide note,
written in French, stating that she was in depression and has
been unable to concentrate on her work, said another police
official on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents