Body of Indian-origin student found in Manchester
London: The body of 20-year-old Indian-
origin student Gurdeep Hayer has been found in Manchester city
centre, eight days after he went missing, UK police said on Tuesday.
The body was found in River Medlock in the city centre of
Manchester yesterday and was identified today as that of
Gurdeep, who was missing since January 2.
The Greater Manchester Police investigating his
disappearance today said the body was found in the river near
the York Street in the Manchester city centre and was today
formally identified as that of Gurdeep.
"There are not believed to be any suspicious
circumstances surrounding his death. A Home Office post-mortem
is due to take place later this week," the police said.
The police said the search for Gurdeep had been called
off after the body was discovered. No further details were
available on the circumstances related to his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister