Body of Indian-origin student found in Manchester
London: The body of 20-year-old Indian-
origin student Gurdeep Hayer has been found in Manchester city
centre, eight days after he went missing, UK police said on Tuesday.
The body was found in River Medlock in the city centre of
Manchester yesterday and was identified today as that of
Gurdeep, who was missing since January 2.
The Greater Manchester Police investigating his
disappearance today said the body was found in the river near
the York Street in the Manchester city centre and was today
formally identified as that of Gurdeep.
"There are not believed to be any suspicious
circumstances surrounding his death. A Home Office post-mortem
is due to take place later this week," the police said.
The police said the search for Gurdeep had been called
off after the body was discovered. No further details were
available on the circumstances related to his death.
- JNUSU President Kanhaiya Kumar shown black flags in Patna
- India's Kalvari stealth submarine starts sea trials
- New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing, khadi among several suggestions
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released