Body of Indian-origin student found in Manchester
London: The body of 20-year-old Indian-
origin student Gurdeep Hayer has been found in Manchester city
centre, eight days after he went missing, UK police said on Tuesday.
The body was found in River Medlock in the city centre of
Manchester yesterday and was identified today as that of
Gurdeep, who was missing since January 2.
The Greater Manchester Police investigating his
disappearance today said the body was found in the river near
the York Street in the Manchester city centre and was today
formally identified as that of Gurdeep.
"There are not believed to be any suspicious
circumstances surrounding his death. A Home Office post-mortem
is due to take place later this week," the police said.
The police said the search for Gurdeep had been called
off after the body was discovered. No further details were
available on the circumstances related to his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list