Body of missing Indian-American student found
Washington: The body of an Indian-American student, Harsha Maddula, who mysterious disappeared over the weekend, has been found by a fisherman in a harbour.
Maddula, 18, disappeared on Saturday after he left a party near Northwestern University campus.
Maddula’s body was discovered late Thursday in a harbour in Wilmette, a town north of Evanston.
According to police officials, Harsha, who has diabetes that can leave him disoriented if he doesn`t take his medication, went out on Friday night with friends for two off-campus parties.
On Saturday, some of his friends left the second party and headed on foot to a third about a quarter-mile away.
When they arrived there, they realised that Harsha, who showed no signs of being drunk, was gone.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice