Boeing submit proposals to IAF to sell helicopters
New Delhi: US aerospace major Boeing has submitted two proposals to the Indian Air Force (IAF) offering the AH-64D Apache and the CH-47F Chinook for India`s attack and heavy-lift helicopter competitions.
"Boeing believes the Apache and Chinook helicopters are the most capable and cost-effective rotorcraft to meet India`s defence and transport requirements," said Vivek Lall, vice-president and India country head for Boeing Integrated Defense Systems (IDS).
"The Apache will be a capable and lethal defender of India`s troops and assets, while the Chinook will answer many of the country`s military and humanitarian needs, he added.
India is seeking 22 attack helicopters and 15 transport helicopters and has not set a date to announce the winning proposals.
The combat-proven AH-64D Apache Longbow is the newest version of the machine and a candidate to fulfil the attack helicopter and reconnaissance requirements of numerous armed forces worldwide, a Boeing statement said.
The CH-47 Chinook is the world`s standard for providing heavy-lift and high-altitude transportation for a multitude of missions, with a proven track record of military, humanitarian, disaster-relief, search-and-rescue and firefighting missions on six continents in all climates and conditions.
If selected, Boeing will build the Apache helicopters at its rotorcraft facility in Mesa, Arizona, and the Chinook helicopters at its rotorcraft centre in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. Suggested production rates and delivery schedules have not been announced, the statement said.
A unit of The Boeing Co, Boeing IDA is one of the world`s largest space and defence businesses specialising in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world`s largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing IDS is a $32-billion business with 70,000 employees worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM