Bofors: Advocate interested in cheap publicity, says court
New Delhi: He is interested in getting "cheap
publicity" and has "wasted" precious judicial hours, a Delhi
Court on Friday said about lawyer Ajay Agrawal who has been
pursuing Bofors payoff case for years in various courts.
"Agrawal is interested in attaining cheap publicity by
going to mediapersons after every date of hearing and playing
trumpet of corruption in this case by public servants,
contrary to the judgments already passed by Delhi High Court
by supplementing his own views about the case," Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said.
The judge, while making the remarks against the advocate,
said "this court during the course of hearing, on various
dates noticed that on the succeeding day of each date of
hearing, there would be newspaper reports about the arguments
advanced in court by Agarwal and some of the reports were even
sensational, wherefrom it can be reasonably deduced that
Agarwal is interested in attaining cheap publicity".
The CMM said it was "depressing" to note that on account
of such proceedings before this court, "innumerable days were
wasted" , a time that otherwise could have been spent for the
disposal of cases of genuine litigants.
The court, which also questioned the bonafide of
Agrawal in pursuing the case, said "Agrawal`s only interest in
this opposition appears to be curiosity, obtaining the glare
of public and publicity, which are not valid grounds to have
At the same time, the court had a word of praise for the
lawyer as it said "this court is really thankful to Agrawal
for rendering valuable assistance to this court in taking this
court through the evidence collected by the investigating
The court also made remarks against Agrawal for placing
uncertified documents relating to the case and did not give
clear answer about the source who made them available to him.
"There is another interesting aspect in the matter. In
this case, Agrawal passed on copies of several bundle of
documents relating to this case, which were not certified
copies of the original record from the court. This court made
a pointed query to him to disclose the source of receipt of
those documents, to which Agrawal stated that somebody from
the office of CBI had left those documents at his office.
"Although, no issue on this point was joined by CBI
but this clearly shows that an attempt on the part of Agrawal
was made to have the possession of official documents without
following the process of law," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah