Bofors case: RSS targets NDA govt too?
New Delhi: With the 25-year-old Bofors case resurfacing again, RSS has attacked successive governments, which include BJP-led NDA, saying it was known to them as to "who the culprits were" but they looked "the other way".
RSS alleged that in India cases against politicians are never pursued to their logical conclusion as "our community of politicians stand together in a strong bond."
An editorial in the organisation`s mouthpiece `Organiser", said, "The successive governments of India knew who the culprits were and yet chose to look the other way."
Without naming NDA government but clearly referring to it, the editorial said several non-Congress governments came to power- including the one led by VP Singh who had vowed to bring the guilty to book within 100 days of becoming Prime Minister- but nothing much was done.
Citing the statement by `Deep Throat` Swedish Police Chief Sten Lindstrom, it said several politicians visited Sweden and sought information and promised to help investigations when they came to power, only to forget their promises later.
The RSS mouthpiece appears to take a soft line on Rajiv Gandhi but says there was a "cover-up plan" to protect Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi.
The mouthpiece has also raised certain questions about the case, namely, who ordered the "cover-up" to protect some persons; who helped Quattrocchi leave the country; why did the Italian businessman- "a novice in arms deals" - go with the Prime Minister to Sweden and how did he get the introductions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'