Bofors: CPI says govt has no will to expose guilty
New Delhi: With fresh allegations in the Bofors case, CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Wednesday accused the government of having no political will to expose the guilty.
"It is very deplorable. It is a slur on the image of the country. It only means that the investigation procedure was false and government had no political will to identify who actually was behind the malpractice," he told reporters outside Parliament on Wednesday.
He said the government never performs its responsibilities in finding the guilty.
He was responding to questions on an interview given by former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom, who had revealed that he was the person who leaked over 350 documents to an Indian journalist in the case.
Lindstrom claimed that he was the journalist`s secret informant who operated under the pseudonym of `Swedish Deep Throat`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in