Bofors: CPI says govt has no will to expose guilty
New Delhi: With fresh allegations in the Bofors case, CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Wednesday accused the government of having no political will to expose the guilty.
"It is very deplorable. It is a slur on the image of the country. It only means that the investigation procedure was false and government had no political will to identify who actually was behind the malpractice," he told reporters outside Parliament on Wednesday.
He said the government never performs its responsibilities in finding the guilty.
He was responding to questions on an interview given by former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom, who had revealed that he was the person who leaked over 350 documents to an Indian journalist in the case.
Lindstrom claimed that he was the journalist`s secret informant who operated under the pseudonym of `Swedish Deep Throat`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah