Bofors: CPI says govt has no will to expose guilty
New Delhi: With fresh allegations in the Bofors case, CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta on Wednesday accused the government of having no political will to expose the guilty.
"It is very deplorable. It is a slur on the image of the country. It only means that the investigation procedure was false and government had no political will to identify who actually was behind the malpractice," he told reporters outside Parliament on Wednesday.
He said the government never performs its responsibilities in finding the guilty.
He was responding to questions on an interview given by former Swedish police chief Sten Lindstrom, who had revealed that he was the person who leaked over 350 documents to an Indian journalist in the case.
Lindstrom claimed that he was the journalist`s secret informant who operated under the pseudonym of `Swedish Deep Throat`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter