Bomb found on Advani’s yatra route in TN
Madurai: In a major security scare, a bomb was recovered from under a bridge on the route that was to be taken by senior BJP leader LK Advani’s Jan Chetna Yatra in Madurai district of Tamil Nadu on Friday.
As per initial reports, explosives in the form of a pipe bomb was found hidden under a bridge in Alampatti village near Tirumangalam, around 30 kilometres from Madurai city. The pipe bomb is said to be an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) with wires attached to it.
Security personal recovered the explosives just 20 minutes before Advani’s yatra was to pass through the route. Following the recovery, the yatra route was altered so as to avoid the stretch.
The police have cordoned off the entire area and are conducting combing operations.
As per reports, Advani was informed about the recovery of explosives but he chose to carry on with the yatra.
Advani’s Jan Chetna Yatra would pass three districts in Tamil Nadu – Madurai, Tirunelveli and Virudhunagar – before crossing over to Kerala later today where he would address a rally today evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi