Bomb kills woman, injures other in northern Nigeria
Abuja: A bomb explosion near a state-owned National Television Authority (NTA) station in a northern Nigerian state has killed a woman and injured five children.
Spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency, Yushua Shuaib said the overnight bomb blast occurred in Jalingo town in Taraba state.
He said a similar blast in the town had killed one person and left 14 others wounded on Thursday.
Though no group has claimed responsibility, the only terrorist group that has been carrying out such bombing campaigns in the country is the Islamic sect known as Boko Haram.
The group wants an Islamic state in Nigeria`s mostly Muslim north.
More than 1,000 people have been killed in the north and capital city of Abuja since the sect started bombing and shooting at people in public places since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars