Bomb kills woman, injures other in northern Nigeria
Abuja: A bomb explosion near a state-owned National Television Authority (NTA) station in a northern Nigerian state has killed a woman and injured five children.
Spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency, Yushua Shuaib said the overnight bomb blast occurred in Jalingo town in Taraba state.
He said a similar blast in the town had killed one person and left 14 others wounded on Thursday.
Though no group has claimed responsibility, the only terrorist group that has been carrying out such bombing campaigns in the country is the Islamic sect known as Boko Haram.
The group wants an Islamic state in Nigeria`s mostly Muslim north.
More than 1,000 people have been killed in the north and capital city of Abuja since the sect started bombing and shooting at people in public places since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack