Bomb scare on IndiGo`s Dubai plane
Mumbai: A Dubai-bound IndiGo plane was delayed Friday evening after officials at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here received an anonymous call claiming there was a bomb on the aircraft.
The call later turned out to be a hoax, Mumbai airport sources told PTI.
The plane was taken to a remote bay where security agencies carried out intense search of the passengers and aircraft.
"A bomb threat call was received at IndiGo office at 1810 hours for its flight 6E-61 for Dubai (scheduled departure 7 pm). A thorough check of the passengers, their baggage and aircraft was carried out by the security agencies. However, nothing was found," a source said, adding the flight was cleared for take-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown