Bomb scare on IndiGo`s Dubai plane
Mumbai: A Dubai-bound IndiGo plane was delayed Friday evening after officials at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here received an anonymous call claiming there was a bomb on the aircraft.
The call later turned out to be a hoax, Mumbai airport sources told PTI.
The plane was taken to a remote bay where security agencies carried out intense search of the passengers and aircraft.
"A bomb threat call was received at IndiGo office at 1810 hours for its flight 6E-61 for Dubai (scheduled departure 7 pm). A thorough check of the passengers, their baggage and aircraft was carried out by the security agencies. However, nothing was found," a source said, adding the flight was cleared for take-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube