Bomb scare on IndiGo`s Dubai plane
Mumbai: A Dubai-bound IndiGo plane was delayed Friday evening after officials at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here received an anonymous call claiming there was a bomb on the aircraft.
The call later turned out to be a hoax, Mumbai airport sources told PTI.
The plane was taken to a remote bay where security agencies carried out intense search of the passengers and aircraft.
"A bomb threat call was received at IndiGo office at 1810 hours for its flight 6E-61 for Dubai (scheduled departure 7 pm). A thorough check of the passengers, their baggage and aircraft was carried out by the security agencies. However, nothing was found," a source said, adding the flight was cleared for take-off.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference