Bomb scare on Jet Airways flight
Varanasi: A Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Khajurao on Sunday made a landing under emergency conditions here after a passenger claimed there was a bomb in the aircraft.
The passenger VRK Singh said that there was an
explosive on the Delhi-Varanasi-Khajurao Boeing 737-9W723 but
on questioning at the airport here he claimed that he had made
the remark in a lighter vein, airport sources said.
The flight was cleared for departure to Khajurao after
extensive checking of the aircraft.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the flight was delayed
due to questioning of "certain guests" on security concerns by
the airport authorities as well as security agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Tanmay Bhat jokes about Priyanka Chopra’s accent – Here’s her response and it’s cool!
- Kylie Jenner is broke?
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works