Bomb scare on Jet Airways flight
Varanasi: A Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Khajurao on Sunday made a landing under emergency conditions here after a passenger claimed there was a bomb in the aircraft.
The passenger VRK Singh said that there was an
explosive on the Delhi-Varanasi-Khajurao Boeing 737-9W723 but
on questioning at the airport here he claimed that he had made
the remark in a lighter vein, airport sources said.
The flight was cleared for departure to Khajurao after
extensive checking of the aircraft.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the flight was delayed
due to questioning of "certain guests" on security concerns by
the airport authorities as well as security agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to visit India next month
- Saudi Police foil mosque suicide bombing: Ministry