Bomb scare on Jet Airways flight
Varanasi: A Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Khajurao on Sunday made a landing under emergency conditions here after a passenger claimed there was a bomb in the aircraft.
The passenger VRK Singh said that there was an
explosive on the Delhi-Varanasi-Khajurao Boeing 737-9W723 but
on questioning at the airport here he claimed that he had made
the remark in a lighter vein, airport sources said.
The flight was cleared for departure to Khajurao after
extensive checking of the aircraft.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the flight was delayed
due to questioning of "certain guests" on security concerns by
the airport authorities as well as security agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Iraq says 260 IS vehicles destroyed in Fallujah flight
- Istanbul Ataturk Airport blasts: Eyewitness shares terrifying details of the attack - Watch
- Allahabad High Court denies alimony to divorced working woman
- Musharraf, Kayani have Swiss Bank accounts, says London-based investigative journalist
- Kejriwal calls on Goa Archbishop