Bomb scare on Jet Airways flight
Varanasi: A Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Khajurao on Sunday made a landing under emergency conditions here after a passenger claimed there was a bomb in the aircraft.
The passenger VRK Singh said that there was an
explosive on the Delhi-Varanasi-Khajurao Boeing 737-9W723 but
on questioning at the airport here he claimed that he had made
the remark in a lighter vein, airport sources said.
The flight was cleared for departure to Khajurao after
extensive checking of the aircraft.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the flight was delayed
due to questioning of "certain guests" on security concerns by
the airport authorities as well as security agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?