Bomb threat grounds Delhi-bound SpiceJet flight
Kathmandu: A SpiceJet aircraft with 179
people on board was on Sunday grounded after a foreign traveller
claimed that there was a bomb inside the plane, forcing
authorities to evacuate all the Delhi-bound passengers.
However, after a thorough search of the plane,
authorities at the Tribhuvan International Airport here said
that it was a hoax.
All the passengers were evacuated after one of them
reported that there was a bomb inside the aircraft at the time
it was about to take off at 10 am, said an official at the
airport`s Rescue Coordination Committee.
There were 179 people aboard, including crew members in
the SG 042 flight, which had landed in Kathmandu from Delhi
The plane was isolated and security personnel conducted
thorough checking of the aircraft for more than three hours
after the bomb threat was reported.
The authorities, however, said that nothing was found
inside the plane.
The foreign tourist, whose nationality is yet to be
established, is being interrogated, the officials said, adding
that the aircraft is ready to fly to its destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves