Bomb threat in Mumbai, security tightened
Mumbai: Security has been tightened at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) railway station and other sensitive locations in Mumbai Wednesday following a threat to carry out explosions this afternoon, officials said.
An anonymous threat call to carry out blasts in at least half a dozen locations was received by the Mumbai police control around 7.30 am Wednesday.
The caller threatened to blow up around half a dozen targets -- which he did not specify -- just after noon today, officials said.
The railway and security authorities at CST were alerted and the entire station complex -- a World Heritage Building -- shifted to a high security gear.
Confirming the developments, an official spokesperson for Central Railways (CR) said: "We are taking all possible precautions, making announcements, deploying the dog squad and sufficient security personnel to ensure there is no untoward incident."
He said there was no panic among the three million plus commuters who use the CR services daily.
Besides CST, security has been tightened at various locations, including the famed Siddhi Vinayak Temple in Prabhadevi, some five star hotels, Churchgate and Dadar railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead