Bomb threat to Chennai-bound flight; security beefed up
Chennai: Security at the airport here was
beefed up today after an anonymous call warning that explosive
substances were placed in a Chennai-bound flight from Kochi.
After the phone call was receieved at the cargo section of
the Customs, an alert was issued and Bomb Disposal Squad and
other agencies were put on preparedness, officials said
adding the caller did not identify the airlines flight.
Visitors` entry to the airport was banned today following
a direction from Union Home Ministry as part of security
measures taken in view of the Independence Day.
In a recent incident of security lapse, low intensity
explosive chemical was recovered from Kochi airport when smoke
emanated from the consignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway