Bomb threat to Delhi Metro, security tightened
New Delhi: Security has been tightened in
the Delhi Metro after an anonymous person Sunday called up
Noida police threatening to blow up Uttam Nagar Metro
The CISF, guarding the network, has alerted all its
units at various Metro stations in Delhi and NCR regions,
The call was made to Noida Senior Superintendent of
Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 14:08 hours and agencies are trying
to trace the caller.
Meanwhile, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams have
been pressed into service at the Uttam Nagar Metro station and
other vital stations and a thorough check is being done at all
the stations, sources said.
Efforts to contact the SSP did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi