Bomb threat to Delhi Metro, security tightened
New Delhi: Security has been tightened in
the Delhi Metro after an anonymous person Sunday called up
Noida police threatening to blow up Uttam Nagar Metro
The CISF, guarding the network, has alerted all its
units at various Metro stations in Delhi and NCR regions,
The call was made to Noida Senior Superintendent of
Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 14:08 hours and agencies are trying
to trace the caller.
Meanwhile, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams have
been pressed into service at the Uttam Nagar Metro station and
other vital stations and a thorough check is being done at all
the stations, sources said.
Efforts to contact the SSP did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them