Bomb threat to Delhi Metro, security tightened
New Delhi: Security has been tightened in
the Delhi Metro after an anonymous person Sunday called up
Noida police threatening to blow up Uttam Nagar Metro
The CISF, guarding the network, has alerted all its
units at various Metro stations in Delhi and NCR regions,
The call was made to Noida Senior Superintendent of
Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 14:08 hours and agencies are trying
to trace the caller.
Meanwhile, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams have
been pressed into service at the Uttam Nagar Metro station and
other vital stations and a thorough check is being done at all
the stations, sources said.
Efforts to contact the SSP did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range