Bombay HC refuses to set aside Padma awards list
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today
dismissed a petition seeking to set aside the Padma awards
list declared on January 26 this year.
Petitioner Leo Rebello had stated that there were
some "undeserving recipients" like Sant Singh Chatwal, Saif
Ali Khan and Prakash Reddy of Apollo hospital, who had been
selected because of their "connections".
Further, Rebello wanted his own name in the list, on
account of his contribution to "natural medicine and
High Court, however, rejected the petition, accepting
Union Government`s argument that this was a policy matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal