Bombs fired on Indian villages from Pak during last 3 months
New Delhi: After a lull of three years, several bombs and projectiles have been fired on Indian villages in Punjab, and Jammu and Kashmir from the Pakistan side between May and July this year.
During last three years, two incidents of bomb and
projectiles being fired on Indian villages were reported,
Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran
today informed the Lok Sabha.
"On May 9, 2009 one 120 millimetre bomb fired from across
the line of control (LOC) had landed in close proximity to
Makri village in the Naushera Sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
There was no casualty in this firing. This incident was
brought to the notice of Pakistan military authorities at the
appropriate level through a flag meeting and was also taken up
during the DGsMO-level talk," Ramachandran said.
He said another incident was reported on the intervening
night of July 4 and 5, 2009 when three projectiles fired from
across the International Border landed in Indian villages
Dande, Behrwal and Kaonke in Amritsar district, Punjab.
"There was, however, no casualty. Immediately after the
incident, a strong protest was lodged by the Border Security
Force Commander with his Pak Ranger counterpart indicating
that such attacks are grave violation of the sanctity of the
"Further, Commander/Wing Commander level flag meetings of
both sides were held on the intervening night of 4th-5th July,
2009, in the evening of 5th July, 2009 and on 13th July 2009,"
the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi