Bonafide decisions should be out of inquiry: CBI director
New Delhi: Underlining that commercial risk taking has become imperative in Government organisations, CBI Director AP Singh on Friday said that all bonafide decisions should "necessarily" be out of the purview of vigilance agencies.
Speaking at the conference of "Transparent and Robust Vigilance Mechanism" organised by Central Board of Excise and Customs, the CBI Chief said with government organisations increasingly becoming important players in economic activities, commercial risk taking has become imperative.
Singh said vigilance organisations need to ensure that their activities do not stifle genuine risk taking and every loss of the organisation does not necessarily become public matter requiring enquiry.
"It is required to be seen whether any person of common prudence working within the ambit of given rules, regulations and guidelines would have taken a particular decision in the prevailing circumstances in the commercial interest of the organisation and this is the one of the possible criterion for determining bonafide of any decision taken," he said.
He said agencies engaged in administration and vigilance should step in only when there is a specific complaint of allegations of abuse of official position, demand or acceptance of illegal gratification, aquisition of disproportionate assets or evidence of misappropriation, cheating, forgery or similar criminal offences.
"We in vigilance organisations must always remember that it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight. All bonafide decisions therefore should necessarily be out of purview of vigilance agencies," the Director said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray