Bonafide decisions should be out of inquiry: CBI director
New Delhi: Underlining that commercial risk taking has become imperative in Government organisations, CBI Director AP Singh on Friday said that all bonafide decisions should "necessarily" be out of the purview of vigilance agencies.
Speaking at the conference of "Transparent and Robust Vigilance Mechanism" organised by Central Board of Excise and Customs, the CBI Chief said with government organisations increasingly becoming important players in economic activities, commercial risk taking has become imperative.
Singh said vigilance organisations need to ensure that their activities do not stifle genuine risk taking and every loss of the organisation does not necessarily become public matter requiring enquiry.
"It is required to be seen whether any person of common prudence working within the ambit of given rules, regulations and guidelines would have taken a particular decision in the prevailing circumstances in the commercial interest of the organisation and this is the one of the possible criterion for determining bonafide of any decision taken," he said.
He said agencies engaged in administration and vigilance should step in only when there is a specific complaint of allegations of abuse of official position, demand or acceptance of illegal gratification, aquisition of disproportionate assets or evidence of misappropriation, cheating, forgery or similar criminal offences.
"We in vigilance organisations must always remember that it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight. All bonafide decisions therefore should necessarily be out of purview of vigilance agencies," the Director said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets