Bonafide decisions should be out of inquiry: CBI director
New Delhi: Underlining that commercial risk taking has become imperative in Government organisations, CBI Director AP Singh on Friday said that all bonafide decisions should "necessarily" be out of the purview of vigilance agencies.
Speaking at the conference of "Transparent and Robust Vigilance Mechanism" organised by Central Board of Excise and Customs, the CBI Chief said with government organisations increasingly becoming important players in economic activities, commercial risk taking has become imperative.
Singh said vigilance organisations need to ensure that their activities do not stifle genuine risk taking and every loss of the organisation does not necessarily become public matter requiring enquiry.
"It is required to be seen whether any person of common prudence working within the ambit of given rules, regulations and guidelines would have taken a particular decision in the prevailing circumstances in the commercial interest of the organisation and this is the one of the possible criterion for determining bonafide of any decision taken," he said.
He said agencies engaged in administration and vigilance should step in only when there is a specific complaint of allegations of abuse of official position, demand or acceptance of illegal gratification, aquisition of disproportionate assets or evidence of misappropriation, cheating, forgery or similar criminal offences.
"We in vigilance organisations must always remember that it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight. All bonafide decisions therefore should necessarily be out of purview of vigilance agencies," the Director said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in