Bonafide decisions should be out of inquiry: CBI director
New Delhi: Underlining that commercial risk taking has become imperative in Government organisations, CBI Director AP Singh on Friday said that all bonafide decisions should "necessarily" be out of the purview of vigilance agencies.
Speaking at the conference of "Transparent and Robust Vigilance Mechanism" organised by Central Board of Excise and Customs, the CBI Chief said with government organisations increasingly becoming important players in economic activities, commercial risk taking has become imperative.
Singh said vigilance organisations need to ensure that their activities do not stifle genuine risk taking and every loss of the organisation does not necessarily become public matter requiring enquiry.
"It is required to be seen whether any person of common prudence working within the ambit of given rules, regulations and guidelines would have taken a particular decision in the prevailing circumstances in the commercial interest of the organisation and this is the one of the possible criterion for determining bonafide of any decision taken," he said.
He said agencies engaged in administration and vigilance should step in only when there is a specific complaint of allegations of abuse of official position, demand or acceptance of illegal gratification, aquisition of disproportionate assets or evidence of misappropriation, cheating, forgery or similar criminal offences.
"We in vigilance organisations must always remember that it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight. All bonafide decisions therefore should necessarily be out of purview of vigilance agencies," the Director said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'