Bonafide decisions should be out of inquiry: CBI director
New Delhi: Underlining that commercial risk taking has become imperative in Government organisations, CBI Director AP Singh on Friday said that all bonafide decisions should "necessarily" be out of the purview of vigilance agencies.
Speaking at the conference of "Transparent and Robust Vigilance Mechanism" organised by Central Board of Excise and Customs, the CBI Chief said with government organisations increasingly becoming important players in economic activities, commercial risk taking has become imperative.
Singh said vigilance organisations need to ensure that their activities do not stifle genuine risk taking and every loss of the organisation does not necessarily become public matter requiring enquiry.
"It is required to be seen whether any person of common prudence working within the ambit of given rules, regulations and guidelines would have taken a particular decision in the prevailing circumstances in the commercial interest of the organisation and this is the one of the possible criterion for determining bonafide of any decision taken," he said.
He said agencies engaged in administration and vigilance should step in only when there is a specific complaint of allegations of abuse of official position, demand or acceptance of illegal gratification, aquisition of disproportionate assets or evidence of misappropriation, cheating, forgery or similar criminal offences.
"We in vigilance organisations must always remember that it is always easier to be wiser in hindsight. All bonafide decisions therefore should necessarily be out of purview of vigilance agencies," the Director said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview