Book MP CM Chouhan for `anti-Bihar` remarks: Court
Patna: A court in Bihar`s Bettiah district has ordered police to file a case against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for his "anti-Bihar remarks", an official said here Tuesday.
Local lawyer Murad Ali filed a plea in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate in Bettiah against Chouhan. The court has ordered the town police station to file a case against the Chief Minister.
"Police will file a case against Chouhan following the court order," a police official in Bettiah, district headquarters of West Champaran, said Tuesday.
The petitioner has presented to the court reports published in newspapers as evidence regarding the anti-Bihar remarks by Chouhan.
According to media reports last week, the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said that people from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh were working in the industries created by the state, and termed it unacceptable.
Speaking at a public function in Satna, bordering Uttar Pradesh, he reportedly stressed that the state`s youth should be trained and given preference in jobs.
However, following a hue and cry over his statement, Chouhan clarified that he had never said people of other states should not come to Madhya Pradesh, and stressed that all Indians were welcome in his state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!