Book on former PM Chandrashekhar released
Lucknow: A book `Chandrashekhar ke Bagair` was released on Sunday on the fifth death anniversary of the former Prime Minister and socialist leader at Samajwadi Party office.
Releasing the book, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav said Chandrashekhar was a great leader who came from a rural background and reached the highest post in the country.
"He was straightfoward, who used to speak from his heart," he said.
Shivpal said without the former PM, social movement was incomplete.
"It is duty of all of us to fulfill his dreams and thoughts," he said.
Minister and close associate of Chandrashekhar, Ram Govind Chaudhary said leaders like the former PM were rare.
Presiding over the function, Food and Civil Supplies Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya said people should emulate qualities of Chandrashekhar in their personal and political life.
MLC Yashwant Singh said Chandrashekhar fought for the cause of the poor and downtrodden throughout his life.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'