Book on former PM Chandrashekhar released
Lucknow: A book `Chandrashekhar ke Bagair` was released on Sunday on the fifth death anniversary of the former Prime Minister and socialist leader at Samajwadi Party office.
Releasing the book, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav said Chandrashekhar was a great leader who came from a rural background and reached the highest post in the country.
"He was straightfoward, who used to speak from his heart," he said.
Shivpal said without the former PM, social movement was incomplete.
"It is duty of all of us to fulfill his dreams and thoughts," he said.
Minister and close associate of Chandrashekhar, Ram Govind Chaudhary said leaders like the former PM were rare.
Presiding over the function, Food and Civil Supplies Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya said people should emulate qualities of Chandrashekhar in their personal and political life.
MLC Yashwant Singh said Chandrashekhar fought for the cause of the poor and downtrodden throughout his life.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- Congress support base in Kerala intact: Minister
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru FC confirm knockout round berths
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment