Border dispute: Chinese State Councillor meets PM
New Delhi: Visiting Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh here on Saturday and is learnt to have deliberated upon long simmering border dispute between the two countries.
However, the hopes of any progress are expected to grind against a recent spike in geopolitical tensions as well as muscle flexing along the border.
India`s National Security Adviser M.K. Narayanan and Bingguo resumed the talks after a year`s gap, focusing on narrowing down differences along their Himalayan border. Twelve rounds of talks have been held before.
The two are also expected to talk the language of partnership, highlighted by a burgeoning trade and a common position on climate change and global trade talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!