Border dispute: Chinese State Councillor meets PM
New Delhi: Visiting Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh here on Saturday and is learnt to have deliberated upon long simmering border dispute between the two countries.
However, the hopes of any progress are expected to grind against a recent spike in geopolitical tensions as well as muscle flexing along the border.
India`s National Security Adviser M.K. Narayanan and Bingguo resumed the talks after a year`s gap, focusing on narrowing down differences along their Himalayan border. Twelve rounds of talks have been held before.
The two are also expected to talk the language of partnership, highlighted by a burgeoning trade and a common position on climate change and global trade talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing