Border dispute: Chinese State Councillor meets PM
New Delhi: Visiting Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh here on Saturday and is learnt to have deliberated upon long simmering border dispute between the two countries.
However, the hopes of any progress are expected to grind against a recent spike in geopolitical tensions as well as muscle flexing along the border.
India`s National Security Adviser M.K. Narayanan and Bingguo resumed the talks after a year`s gap, focusing on narrowing down differences along their Himalayan border. Twelve rounds of talks have been held before.
The two are also expected to talk the language of partnership, highlighted by a burgeoning trade and a common position on climate change and global trade talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?