Border dispute: We didn’t do post-mortem or apportion blame, says Salman Khurshid
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After returning from China, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday said that the meeting over India-China border dispute with the Chinese Foreign Minister was "fruitful". As the Chinese incursion concerns escalated Khurshid said that there is a need to re-look into the reasons for border intrusions.
Upon his return, Khurshid addressing a press conference said that India-China is working on a new border defence co-operation agreement, adding that China has made suggestions on border protocol.
After the recent stand-off between the two countries, Khurshid said that the talks between special representatives of India and China on boundary issue to take place in couple of months.
During the meeting, India and China underlined things like recent incursion should not happen; agreed that this issue should not come in way of improving ties, Khurshid said.
Expressing that trade balance is a concern, Khurshid said that there is a need to address imbalance of trade.
Khurshid that special representatives of India and China will meet in a couple of months to discuss in detail the issues related to boundary.
"China has proposed sometime back a proposal for Border Defence Cooperation Agreement...We have also given our suggestions," he said.
On the recent incursion by Chinese troops 19 km into Indian territory, he said, "we did not do any post-mortem or aportion blame."
He expressed satisfaction that the mechanisms in place worked well to resolve the stand off. On the contentious issues which could be raised during the visit of Chinese premier Li Keqiang, he said, "there are no prickly issues, issues of major differences which can be seen as obstacles."
He said MoUs would be signed during the Chinese premier`s visit and some during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s subsequent visit to Beijing later this year.
"This is for the first time since 1954 that a two way visit by the two Prime Ministers of the two countries in the same year," Khurshid said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3