Border issues with China will be resolved: Govt
Bangalore: Minister of State for Defence MM Pallam Raju on Friday said differences on border with China would be resolved as he outlined New Delhi`s position to concentrate on the positives of the bilateral relationshp with Beijing.
Responding to mediapersons` questions, Raju said "we are all aware of differences on the perception of the (Sino-India) border and China`s claims".
Reacting sharply to Defence Minister AK Antony`s visit to Arunachal Pradesh for its statehood celebrations last month, China had said India should refrain from taking any action that could "complicate" the border issue.
Raju was asked to comment on the Chinese reaction and a
school of thought in India advocating the need for New Delhi
to be far more assertive in dealing with Beijing on such
He pointed out that External Affairs Minister SM Krishna
has already made it clear Arunachal Pradesh is an integral
part of India while Antony termed the Chinese comments
"But nevertheless, India and China are growing economies
of the region. We have increasing (bilateral) trade happening.
We have similar concerns as far as internal situation is
concerned", Raju said.
He sought to draw attention to Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s statement on focusing on positives in relations with
"Differences on the perception of the border...we will
continue to talk about (on) how we resolve it (them). That`s
an ongoing process. We will resolve it", Raju said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor