‘Border posts along Pak and B’desh to be modernised`
New Delhi: All old border posts along the India-Pakistan and India-Bangladesh border will be modernised and fitted with latest gadgets and surveillance equipments.
Home Minister P Chidambaram today said basic facilities at the border posts of BSF will be provided over the next two years.
"We recognise the need to improve the service conditions for BSF personnel. The government has directed that all old BoPs should be modernised and brought on par with the new ones," he said while officiating at the investiture ceremony of the border guarding force here.
Chidambaram said the BSF personnel serve in very difficult conditions and hardly get a peace area deployment.
"In the next two years, basic facilities we have promised to BSF will be possible," he said.
The Home Minister also said an ambitious housing facility for jawans and officers of BSF and other forces is underway and the government is raising a number of reserve battalions for rest, relief and recuperation of these troopers.
The working of Border Security Force (BSF) has been appreciated by the government of Bangladesh while in the country the state governments of Chhattisgarh and Odisha have lauded the paramilitary force, he said.
BSF is leading by example in its duties against CPI (Maoist)," he said.
BSF guards 2,290kms of Indo-Pakistan frontier while it also keeps a vigil along the 4,036km Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm