‘Border posts along Pak and B’desh to be modernised`
New Delhi: All old border posts along the India-Pakistan and India-Bangladesh border will be modernised and fitted with latest gadgets and surveillance equipments.
Home Minister P Chidambaram today said basic facilities at the border posts of BSF will be provided over the next two years.
"We recognise the need to improve the service conditions for BSF personnel. The government has directed that all old BoPs should be modernised and brought on par with the new ones," he said while officiating at the investiture ceremony of the border guarding force here.
Chidambaram said the BSF personnel serve in very difficult conditions and hardly get a peace area deployment.
"In the next two years, basic facilities we have promised to BSF will be possible," he said.
The Home Minister also said an ambitious housing facility for jawans and officers of BSF and other forces is underway and the government is raising a number of reserve battalions for rest, relief and recuperation of these troopers.
The working of Border Security Force (BSF) has been appreciated by the government of Bangladesh while in the country the state governments of Chhattisgarh and Odisha have lauded the paramilitary force, he said.
BSF is leading by example in its duties against CPI (Maoist)," he said.
BSF guards 2,290kms of Indo-Pakistan frontier while it also keeps a vigil along the 4,036km Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened