‘Border posts along Pak and B’desh to be modernised`
New Delhi: All old border posts along the India-Pakistan and India-Bangladesh border will be modernised and fitted with latest gadgets and surveillance equipments.
Home Minister P Chidambaram today said basic facilities at the border posts of BSF will be provided over the next two years.
"We recognise the need to improve the service conditions for BSF personnel. The government has directed that all old BoPs should be modernised and brought on par with the new ones," he said while officiating at the investiture ceremony of the border guarding force here.
Chidambaram said the BSF personnel serve in very difficult conditions and hardly get a peace area deployment.
"In the next two years, basic facilities we have promised to BSF will be possible," he said.
The Home Minister also said an ambitious housing facility for jawans and officers of BSF and other forces is underway and the government is raising a number of reserve battalions for rest, relief and recuperation of these troopers.
The working of Border Security Force (BSF) has been appreciated by the government of Bangladesh while in the country the state governments of Chhattisgarh and Odisha have lauded the paramilitary force, he said.
BSF is leading by example in its duties against CPI (Maoist)," he said.
BSF guards 2,290kms of Indo-Pakistan frontier while it also keeps a vigil along the 4,036km Indo-Bangladesh border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28
- Reliance launches 4G powered smartphone LYF Flame 4 at Rs 3,999
- 'I am a Tiger. What are you?' asks Jacqueline Fernandez!