‘Border posts along Pak and B’desh to be modernised`
New Delhi: All old border posts along the India-Pakistan and India-Bangladesh border will be modernised and fitted with latest gadgets and surveillance equipments.
Home Minister P Chidambaram today said basic facilities at the border posts of BSF will be provided over the next two years.
"We recognise the need to improve the service conditions for BSF personnel. The government has directed that all old BoPs should be modernised and brought on par with the new ones," he said while officiating at the investiture ceremony of the border guarding force here.
Chidambaram said the BSF personnel serve in very difficult conditions and hardly get a peace area deployment.
"In the next two years, basic facilities we have promised to BSF will be possible," he said.
The Home Minister also said an ambitious housing facility for jawans and officers of BSF and other forces is underway and the government is raising a number of reserve battalions for rest, relief and recuperation of these troopers.
The working of Border Security Force (BSF) has been appreciated by the government of Bangladesh while in the country the state governments of Chhattisgarh and Odisha have lauded the paramilitary force, he said.
BSF is leading by example in its duties against CPI (Maoist)," he said.
BSF guards 2,290kms of Indo-Pakistan frontier while it also keeps a vigil along the 4,036km Indo-Bangladesh border.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know