Border Roads official arrested by CBI for taking bribe
Guwahati: CBI today arrested an official of the Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) from the Guwahati railway station and recovered Rs 15.07 lakh in cash from him.
Official sources said BRTF Commandant Ram Milan, based in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly collected the amount as bribe from a private contractor in that state.
CBI received a tip off that Milan would be heading for New Delhi via Guwahati.
Accordingly, a team of CBI officials kept a lookout at the Guwahati station and caught him while he was planning to board the Rajdhani Express.
On questioning by the CBI team, Milan was unable to reply about the origin of the cash found in his possession.
Milan, who was in-charge of overseeing some of the road building projects in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly secured the cash as bribe from a private contractor engaged in road building projects.
Further details regarding the incident are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city