Border Roads official arrested by CBI for taking bribe
Guwahati: CBI today arrested an official of the Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) from the Guwahati railway station and recovered Rs 15.07 lakh in cash from him.
Official sources said BRTF Commandant Ram Milan, based in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly collected the amount as bribe from a private contractor in that state.
CBI received a tip off that Milan would be heading for New Delhi via Guwahati.
Accordingly, a team of CBI officials kept a lookout at the Guwahati station and caught him while he was planning to board the Rajdhani Express.
On questioning by the CBI team, Milan was unable to reply about the origin of the cash found in his possession.
Milan, who was in-charge of overseeing some of the road building projects in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly secured the cash as bribe from a private contractor engaged in road building projects.
Further details regarding the incident are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH