Border Roads official arrested by CBI for taking bribe
Guwahati: CBI today arrested an official of the Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) from the Guwahati railway station and recovered Rs 15.07 lakh in cash from him.
Official sources said BRTF Commandant Ram Milan, based in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly collected the amount as bribe from a private contractor in that state.
CBI received a tip off that Milan would be heading for New Delhi via Guwahati.
Accordingly, a team of CBI officials kept a lookout at the Guwahati station and caught him while he was planning to board the Rajdhani Express.
On questioning by the CBI team, Milan was unable to reply about the origin of the cash found in his possession.
Milan, who was in-charge of overseeing some of the road building projects in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly secured the cash as bribe from a private contractor engaged in road building projects.
Further details regarding the incident are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...