Border Roads official arrested by CBI for taking bribe
Guwahati: CBI today arrested an official of the Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) from the Guwahati railway station and recovered Rs 15.07 lakh in cash from him.
Official sources said BRTF Commandant Ram Milan, based in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly collected the amount as bribe from a private contractor in that state.
CBI received a tip off that Milan would be heading for New Delhi via Guwahati.
Accordingly, a team of CBI officials kept a lookout at the Guwahati station and caught him while he was planning to board the Rajdhani Express.
On questioning by the CBI team, Milan was unable to reply about the origin of the cash found in his possession.
Milan, who was in-charge of overseeing some of the road building projects in Arunachal Pradesh, had allegedly secured the cash as bribe from a private contractor engaged in road building projects.
Further details regarding the incident are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened