`Border row may figure in Khurshid`s Beijing talks`
Beijing: The border row at the Depsang Valley is expected to dominate the talks during External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s visit on Thursday, China`s state media said.
State-run Global Times carried a photo feature in web edition saying that the "border dispute will dominate the India-China talks".
Bracing up for his two-day visit, Khurshid told Chinese media that he was satisfied with the maturity and understanding shown by two sides in trying to resolve the stand-off at the Daulat Beig Oldi (DBO) in the Ladakh region where Chinese troops intruded 19 km into Indian territory and pitched tents for 20 days.
"To keep them (disputes) at a proportional level and contain them as limited and localised, and not necessarily part of large scheme of things, it`s important to have a fundamental understanding of each other. We have developed that for years and that`s a wonderful thing," state-run China Radio International quoted Khurshid as saying.
Terming his visit as a great opportunity, Khurshid who is set to have talks with his counterpart Wang Yi and meet Chinese new Premier Li Keqiang, said India and China had developed a very sound relationship over the past decade.
He hoped that bilateral ties would be enhanced under China`s new leadership.
"The first signals that have come from the new Chinese leadership are extremely positive and welcome and will be reciprocated in full substance from us. We are looking forward to a meaningful decade working with the new leadership of China," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India