`Border row may figure in Khurshid`s Beijing talks`
Beijing: The border row at the Depsang Valley is expected to dominate the talks during External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s visit on Thursday, China`s state media said.
State-run Global Times carried a photo feature in web edition saying that the "border dispute will dominate the India-China talks".
Bracing up for his two-day visit, Khurshid told Chinese media that he was satisfied with the maturity and understanding shown by two sides in trying to resolve the stand-off at the Daulat Beig Oldi (DBO) in the Ladakh region where Chinese troops intruded 19 km into Indian territory and pitched tents for 20 days.
"To keep them (disputes) at a proportional level and contain them as limited and localised, and not necessarily part of large scheme of things, it`s important to have a fundamental understanding of each other. We have developed that for years and that`s a wonderful thing," state-run China Radio International quoted Khurshid as saying.
Terming his visit as a great opportunity, Khurshid who is set to have talks with his counterpart Wang Yi and meet Chinese new Premier Li Keqiang, said India and China had developed a very sound relationship over the past decade.
He hoped that bilateral ties would be enhanced under China`s new leadership.
"The first signals that have come from the new Chinese leadership are extremely positive and welcome and will be reciprocated in full substance from us. We are looking forward to a meaningful decade working with the new leadership of China," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof