Border security policy is not foolproof: RSS chief
Rajkot: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has said that terrorists can enter India easily because the country`s "border security policy" is not foolproof.
"Our defence forces are capable of meeting any security challenge, but our border security policy is not foolproof and therefore terrorists can enter India easily," Bhagwat said, addressing RSS workers at Virani High School ground here last night.
Referring to the issue of shortages of weapons and ammunition, raised by the Army Chief V K Singh recently, Bhagwat said, "In spite of limited weapons, our army is strong enough and has won the difficult Kargil war. The success in the Kargil war has now become a "study-case" for analysts in many countries."
Quoting Supreme Court`s directions to identify and deport illegal migrants, he said, "Due to our policy, our government has failed to find out those who are staying in the country illegally, while Naxalites are taking advantage of the government`s talk of peace."
Countries such as Japan and Israel had progressed rapidly despite unfavourable conditions, he said, adding that Japan suffered two nuclear bomb attacks, while Israel had to fight a war soon after becoming independent. In comparison, India could not progress well enough, though circumstances were favourable, he said.
"Nation`s resurgence can be achieved only by re-establishment of Hindutva,"Bhagwat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO