Border security policy is not foolproof: RSS chief
Rajkot: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has said that terrorists can enter India easily because the country`s "border security policy" is not foolproof.
"Our defence forces are capable of meeting any security challenge, but our border security policy is not foolproof and therefore terrorists can enter India easily," Bhagwat said, addressing RSS workers at Virani High School ground here last night.
Referring to the issue of shortages of weapons and ammunition, raised by the Army Chief V K Singh recently, Bhagwat said, "In spite of limited weapons, our army is strong enough and has won the difficult Kargil war. The success in the Kargil war has now become a "study-case" for analysts in many countries."
Quoting Supreme Court`s directions to identify and deport illegal migrants, he said, "Due to our policy, our government has failed to find out those who are staying in the country illegally, while Naxalites are taking advantage of the government`s talk of peace."
Countries such as Japan and Israel had progressed rapidly despite unfavourable conditions, he said, adding that Japan suffered two nuclear bomb attacks, while Israel had to fight a war soon after becoming independent. In comparison, India could not progress well enough, though circumstances were favourable, he said.
"Nation`s resurgence can be achieved only by re-establishment of Hindutva,"Bhagwat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read