Border trade at Nathula resumes
Gangtok: Border trade at Nathula, one of the three open trading border posts between China and India, in Sikkim`s East district resumed Tuesday morning and will continue till November 30.
District Collector, East, D Anandan said that his office received 301 applications from traders, which were sent to the Intelligence Bureau office for clearance.
He said that out of the 301 applicants, 50 received clearance from the IB office and the remaining 251 were likely to get clearance within a week.
The DC said that receiving 301 applications at the start of the season was a good sign. Last year, 360 applications were received in the entire season.
Agreements between New Delhi and Beijing limit trade across Nathula to 29 types of goods from India and 15 from the Chinese side after it was reopened in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living