Boy from Madras zone tops IIT-JEE
New Delhi: A total of 13,104 candidates
on Wednesday cleared the prestigious IIT-Joint Entrance Examination
2010 with Anumula Jithendar Reddy from Madras zone topping the
These students will be eligible for admission in 15
IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU. There are 9,509 seats in these
institutions. Over 4.5 lakh candidates had appeared in
JEE-2010 which was conducted by seven of the IITs on April 11.
The number of candidates who appeared in JEE-2010 is
nearly 18.3 per cent more than that in the previous year.
Reddy, who appeared in JEE from IIT Madras Zone, topped this
year`s All India list of successful candidates, the IITs said
in a release.
The test was conducted in seven zones. The IIT Bombay
zone produced maximum number of successful candidates with
3145 students figuring in the merit list followed by IIT
Madras (2619), IIT Delhi (2264), IIT Kharagpur (1481), IIT
Kanpur (1341), IIT Roorkee (1305) and IIT Guwahati (521).
While 1.13 lakh girls appeared in the test, 1476
qualified. Aakanksha Tushar Sarda emerged the topper among
girls with an All India Rank of 18.
About 554 candidates in Hindi medium have qualified
for the entrance test which is a three fold rise over last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam