Boy from Madras zone tops IIT-JEE
New Delhi: A total of 13,104 candidates
on Wednesday cleared the prestigious IIT-Joint Entrance Examination
2010 with Anumula Jithendar Reddy from Madras zone topping the
These students will be eligible for admission in 15
IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU. There are 9,509 seats in these
institutions. Over 4.5 lakh candidates had appeared in
JEE-2010 which was conducted by seven of the IITs on April 11.
The number of candidates who appeared in JEE-2010 is
nearly 18.3 per cent more than that in the previous year.
Reddy, who appeared in JEE from IIT Madras Zone, topped this
year`s All India list of successful candidates, the IITs said
in a release.
The test was conducted in seven zones. The IIT Bombay
zone produced maximum number of successful candidates with
3145 students figuring in the merit list followed by IIT
Madras (2619), IIT Delhi (2264), IIT Kharagpur (1481), IIT
Kanpur (1341), IIT Roorkee (1305) and IIT Guwahati (521).
While 1.13 lakh girls appeared in the test, 1476
qualified. Aakanksha Tushar Sarda emerged the topper among
girls with an All India Rank of 18.
About 554 candidates in Hindi medium have qualified
for the entrance test which is a three fold rise over last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket