BPL survey to begin from Tripura from June 29
Agartala: The nationwide survey of people living Below Poverty Line (BPL) would start from Tripura from June 29, Tripura`s Rural Development Minister Jitendra Chowdhury said on Thursday.
A central team led by Secretary of the union Rural Development Ministry BK Sinha would visit the state on June 28 to attend a workshop where methodology for survey and criteria to ascertain BPL category would be explained to the officials selected for the task, he said.
"The state government would welcome the BPL survey if the formula in identifying BPL family is acceptable," Chowdhury told reporters.
Referring to the last BPL survey done in 1997, the minister said the BPL population was 68 percent in the state but the Centre had approved money for only 40 percent people.
"So 28 percent genuine BPL families could not receive any benefit from the survey in 1997," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels