Brace for rain, hailstorm from Sunday: IMD
New Delhi: Parts of northern India will witness rain and hailstorms starting Sunday owing to a western disturbance, India Meteorological Department said Friday.
The weather office said the western disturbance will affect the upper Himalayas Feb 3-6, causing snow in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
"Although clouds may appear over plains of northwest India by Saturday, rain and thundershowers would commence at a few places from Feb 3 onwards over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, west Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan," the IMD said.
The amount of rainfall would increase during Feb 4-5, which would lead to increase in temperatures by three to five degrees.
However, with the passing of the western disturbance, cold winds will set in over the plains of northwest India leading to fall in the day temperatures by four to six degrees from Feb 7.
"The prevailing fog conditions would progressively reduce and there would be no fog conditions from Sunday," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31