Brace for rain, hailstorm from Sunday: IMD
New Delhi: Parts of northern India will witness rain and hailstorms starting Sunday owing to a western disturbance, India Meteorological Department said Friday.
The weather office said the western disturbance will affect the upper Himalayas Feb 3-6, causing snow in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
"Although clouds may appear over plains of northwest India by Saturday, rain and thundershowers would commence at a few places from Feb 3 onwards over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, west Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan," the IMD said.
The amount of rainfall would increase during Feb 4-5, which would lead to increase in temperatures by three to five degrees.
However, with the passing of the western disturbance, cold winds will set in over the plains of northwest India leading to fall in the day temperatures by four to six degrees from Feb 7.
"The prevailing fog conditions would progressively reduce and there would be no fog conditions from Sunday," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!