BrahMos a bright illustration of bilateral ties: Patrushev
New Delhi: Reviewing the progress of the
BrahMos missile, Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay
Patrushev on Tuesday termed the joint venture as a "bright
illustration" of cooperation between the two countries.
"The JV BrahMos is a bright illustration of successful
work of Russian and Indian scientists and designers. It is
based on highest trust and respect. I wish great successes in
future ventures in further strengthening of Russia-India
friendship," he said during a visit to its headquarters here.
Terming the BrahMos as a "remarkable achievement",
Patrushev said the joint venture was the best way in which
India and Russia can cooperate in high technology defence and
Briefing the Russian official about the project, BrahMos
chief Sivathanu Pillai presented the progress made by JV
project in the last 10 years and the possible areas for future
He added that the missile was already fitted on some of
the Indian Navy ships and was being fitted on the next three
Talwar Class frigates under construction in Russia.
Pillai said the missile had four fully developed and
operational versions and the work on the underwater launch and
air version development was under progress.
Russian Ambassador to India Alexander Kadakin said the
BrahMos project was the "bringing together the best of the
brains of the two countries (which) not only brings down the
cost but makes the system developed, highly advanced and
reliable overtaking other countries."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?