BrahMos missile with new systems test-fired
Balasore (Odisha): India on Friday test-fired
the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile with certain new systems
from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off Odisha coast.
The test comes two days after defence scientists
conducted a similar trial from the same site.
"The missile was test fired from a ground mobile launcher
from the launch complex-3 of the ITR at about 10:00 hours," a
senior official said.
The supersonic missile, which has a flight range of up to
290 km, is capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 200
to 300 kg.
"Today`s launch was a developmental trial of the land
version of BrahMos incorporating certain new systems," A
Sivathanu Pillai, CEO and Managing Director of the ‘BrahMos
Aerospace’, an Indo-Russian joint venture company developing
the missile system, said.
"We are analysing the data received from various
telemetry systems that tracked the missile," Pillai said.
The exact results would be ascertained after a thorough
analyses, he said.
The trial was significant as it was conducted two days
after a similar test fire of the cruise missile from the same
site on March 28, a defence scientist said.
The cruise missile, a surface-to-surface land version,
was test fired in the presence of scientists of the Defence
Research Development Organisation, an official said.
The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the
second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted
into the Army and Navy, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks