BrahMos signs MoU for high speed aircraft
Moscow: Working on the hypersonic version of
its supersonic cruise missile, BrahMos Aerospace on Tuesday signed
an MoU with Russian aviation institutions to establish a
centre of excellence for developing technology for high speed
aircraft and missiles.
The MoU was inked here with the Moscow Aviation Institute
(MAI) and NPO Mashinostroyeniya (NPOM) corporation on the
first day of the MAKS, 2011 (Moscow air show), BrahMos
officials said here.
The MoU was signed by BrahMos CEO A Sivathanu Pillai, A N
Geraschenko, Rector of MAI and Chief of NPOM Corporation
"It will bring together best scientific minds to study
the hypersonic technology which will eventually pave way for
the advanced BrahMos-II missile system," they said.
Speaking on the occasion, Pillai said, "It is a
remarkable step for BrahMos, NPOM and MAI to come together and
work in this field."
BrahMos had earlier signed a similar MoU with the Indian
Institute of Science (IISc) in New Delhi to mark the 10th
anniversary of first launch of its missile.
The Moscow Aviation Institute is one of the world-leading
engineering universities dedicated to aerospace technologies
and the NPOM is one of the leading aerospace enterprises in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India