Brar attack case: 2 accused to appear before UK court on Dec 7
London: Two Indian-origin men charged with causing grievous bodily harm to Lt Gen (retd) Kuldip Singh Brar, the hero of the 1984 Operation Blue Star, will appear before a UK Court here for next hearing on December 7, the Metropolitan Police said Tuesday.
"Whether they will plead guilty or not will be known on that day," a spokeswoman of the Metropolitan Police said.
Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, of Wolverhampton and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, of Great Barr, Birmingham appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates` Court yesterday.
The two men have been charged with wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm on Brar in Old Quebec Street on September 30. Sangha has also been charged with common assault on Meena Brar, wife of Lt Gen Brar.
Brar, 78, who had led `Operation Blue Star` in 1984 to flush out pro-Khalistan militants from the Golden Temple, was on a private visit here when he was attacked by four men, suspected to be Khalistan sympathisers, while he was returning to his hotel with his wife.
He suffered a wound on his neck and cheek but his wife was not injured in the attack.
Meanwhile, a 27-year-old man, who was arrested on October 7 on suspicion of conspiracy to murder Brar, has now been bailed to return in November pending further enquirers, a police statement said today.
In all 13 people, including two women, had been taken into custody following the assault on Brar. Eleven of them have been released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune