Brar attack case: 2 accused to appear before UK court on Dec 7
London: Two Indian-origin men charged with causing grievous bodily harm to Lt Gen (retd) Kuldip Singh Brar, the hero of the 1984 Operation Blue Star, will appear before a UK Court here for next hearing on December 7, the Metropolitan Police said Tuesday.
"Whether they will plead guilty or not will be known on that day," a spokeswoman of the Metropolitan Police said.
Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, of Wolverhampton and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, of Great Barr, Birmingham appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates` Court yesterday.
The two men have been charged with wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm on Brar in Old Quebec Street on September 30. Sangha has also been charged with common assault on Meena Brar, wife of Lt Gen Brar.
Brar, 78, who had led `Operation Blue Star` in 1984 to flush out pro-Khalistan militants from the Golden Temple, was on a private visit here when he was attacked by four men, suspected to be Khalistan sympathisers, while he was returning to his hotel with his wife.
He suffered a wound on his neck and cheek but his wife was not injured in the attack.
Meanwhile, a 27-year-old man, who was arrested on October 7 on suspicion of conspiracy to murder Brar, has now been bailed to return in November pending further enquirers, a police statement said today.
In all 13 people, including two women, had been taken into custody following the assault on Brar. Eleven of them have been released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city