Brave girl Rukhsana pays homage to Nariman House victims
Mumbai: Rukhsana Kausar, who shot to fame
after she gunned down a militant in Jammu and Kashmir, today
visited the Nariman House and paid homage to those killed at
the Jewish centre during the 26/11 terror attacks.
The 21-year-old Kashmir girl, accompanied by M S
Bitta, Chairman of the All India Anti-Terrorist Front, also
met the grandparents of Baby Moshe, whose parents, Rabbi
Gavriel Holtzberg and Rivka, were among the six Jews killed in
"Rukhsana shared her condolences with Moshe`s
grandparents and paid tribute to the six persons, who fell
victim to the bullets of the terrorists, by lighting a candle
in the prayer hall of the Nariman House," Bitta told reporters
outside the building in South Mumbai.
Nariman House, also known as the Chabad House, was one
of the sites that were attacked on November 26 last year along
with Hotels Taj and Trident, Café Leopold and Chhatrapati
Rukhsana came to limelight after she attacked three
LeT militants, who had forcibly entered her house in Rajouri
district, killing one and injuring another in September.
Rukhsana, who was hiding under the bed, hit one of
the terrorists with an axe and as he collapsed, she snatched
his AK-47 rifle and shot him dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark