Braveheart Rukhsana appointed SPO in J&K Police
Jammu: Rukhsana Kausar, who shot into
limelight by killing a Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist, has been
appointed as special police officer (SPO) along with her
brother and uncle in Jammu and Kashmir Police, a police
officer said on Monday.
The appointment of Rukhsana to the post comes more
than a month after she killed a top Pakistani militant of the
LeT and injured another on September 27.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Rajouri,
Shafkat Wattali told PTI here that Rukhsana, her brother Aijaz
and her uncle Wakalat Hussain, who was injured in the militant
attack, have been appointed as SPOs in the police force
recently and they were doing their job well.
He denied reports in the media that Rukhsana was being
shifted to New Delhi for security reasons.
"There is no truth in media reports that Rukhsana or
her parents are being shifted to Delhi for security reasons
in view of the recent attack by militants on her house on
Friday last", he said.
Wattali said Rukhsana has gone to New Delhi to attend
an award function organised by All India Anti-Terrorist Front
headed by M S Bitta.
The award ceremony was originally to be held in Pune
but is now being held in Delhi, he said.
Wattali said it was a mere coincidence that Rukhsana
and her parents left for Delhi on October 31, a day after the
grenade attack on her house in Kalsian village in upper
reaches of Shahdra Sharief.
After the attack, security has been further beefed up
in her house and the place where she is currently staying in
Rajouri, he said, adding "it is the job of the police to
review and upgrade the security of any citizen facing any kind
of threat from militants".
Rukhsana, along with her 18-year-old brother Aijaz,
had overpowered terrorists who had barged into their house,
snatched an AK 47 from one of them and fired at him, killing
him on the spot.Her parents Noor Hussain and Rashida were
injured in the incident.
The bravery of Rukhsana, who had never picked up a gun
before the September 27 incident, had came in for praise from
President Pratibha Patil and Home Minister P Chidambaram
during their visits to Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams