Braving all odds defence forces are moving ahead: Ansari
Jaipur: Braving tough circumstances, defence forces are moving ahead and are capable of protecting the nation even in adverse situation, Vice President Hamid Ansari said on Sunday.
He was addressing a gathering after laying foundation for the central training centre of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in Alwar.
"Defence forces in the country are capable of protecting the nation even in adverse situation," Ansari said. "Soldiers have to operate in adverse climate and geographical conditions to defend the country but we are moving ahead while facing all such challenges," Ansari said.
He appreciated the ITBP, saying that the force brave extreme weather conditions, high altitudes and difficult terrain while performing duty.
"It has also performed admirably in the sphere of disaster management. Its trained personnel have carried out several rescue and relief operations in various tough situations, especially in the mountainous regions," he said.
Ansari said that ITBP has earned laurels for the nation and itself in United Nations peacekeeping operations, with its personnel having served in many countries.
Underlining the importance of education in development and growth, Ansari also said the country needs an education system which makes a man a good citizen and can help in providing more job opportunities to youths.
Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Jitender Singh, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh, ITBP DG Ajay Chadha were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly