Breach of privilege notice against Narayanasamy
New Delhi: A Shiv Sena member on Friday gave a notice of breach of privilege against Union Minister V Narayanasamy for allegedly misleading Parliament on the issue of resettlement of people displaced by the Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project (JNPP).
In a letter to Rajya Sabha Secretary General Shumsher Sheriff, Bharatkumar Raut (SS) said the Minister of State in the PMO had misled the House by stating in his reply to a question that there was no habitation at the site of the proposed JNPP.
"In this regard, I would submit that this is not true that there is no habitation at the proposed Jaitapur project site whereas the fact is that a large population of villagers and agriculturalists in villages including Jaitapur and Nata are there for so many years," Raut said.
Narayanasamy, in reply to a starred question yesterday, had said "there is no habitation at the site proposed for project. Accordingly, there is no displacement of people at Jaitapur site and hence there is no requirement of resettlement of any people."
"I request you to kindly admit my notice on the question of (breach of) privilege," Raut said.
State-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited has proposed to build six nuclear power units of 1,650 MW each at Jaitapur in Maharashtra with French company Areva.
Shiv Sena had led protests against the Jaitapur project sometime back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof