Breach of privilege notice against Narayanasamy
New Delhi: A Shiv Sena member on Friday gave a notice of breach of privilege against Union Minister V Narayanasamy for allegedly misleading Parliament on the issue of resettlement of people displaced by the Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project (JNPP).
In a letter to Rajya Sabha Secretary General Shumsher Sheriff, Bharatkumar Raut (SS) said the Minister of State in the PMO had misled the House by stating in his reply to a question that there was no habitation at the site of the proposed JNPP.
"In this regard, I would submit that this is not true that there is no habitation at the proposed Jaitapur project site whereas the fact is that a large population of villagers and agriculturalists in villages including Jaitapur and Nata are there for so many years," Raut said.
Narayanasamy, in reply to a starred question yesterday, had said "there is no habitation at the site proposed for project. Accordingly, there is no displacement of people at Jaitapur site and hence there is no requirement of resettlement of any people."
"I request you to kindly admit my notice on the question of (breach of) privilege," Raut said.
State-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited has proposed to build six nuclear power units of 1,650 MW each at Jaitapur in Maharashtra with French company Areva.
Shiv Sena had led protests against the Jaitapur project sometime back.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016