Breach of privilege notice against Narayanasamy
New Delhi: A Shiv Sena member on Friday gave a notice of breach of privilege against Union Minister V Narayanasamy for allegedly misleading Parliament on the issue of resettlement of people displaced by the Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project (JNPP).
In a letter to Rajya Sabha Secretary General Shumsher Sheriff, Bharatkumar Raut (SS) said the Minister of State in the PMO had misled the House by stating in his reply to a question that there was no habitation at the site of the proposed JNPP.
"In this regard, I would submit that this is not true that there is no habitation at the proposed Jaitapur project site whereas the fact is that a large population of villagers and agriculturalists in villages including Jaitapur and Nata are there for so many years," Raut said.
Narayanasamy, in reply to a starred question yesterday, had said "there is no habitation at the site proposed for project. Accordingly, there is no displacement of people at Jaitapur site and hence there is no requirement of resettlement of any people."
"I request you to kindly admit my notice on the question of (breach of) privilege," Raut said.
State-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited has proposed to build six nuclear power units of 1,650 MW each at Jaitapur in Maharashtra with French company Areva.
Shiv Sena had led protests against the Jaitapur project sometime back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why