Breather for Asaram Bapu in kids’ death case
Ahmedabad: In a temporary relief to spiritual guru Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan Sai, Justice DK Trivedi Commission probing the mysterious deaths of two teenage ashram boys in 2008, granted 6 weeks of time to the father-son duo to appear before it.
Earlier, Asaram and Narayan Sai had failed to appear before the Commission, which had summoned them to appear before the Commission on March 25.
The father-son duo had submitted a petition before the Commission seeking review of its March 21 order summoning them. But retired Justice Trivedi rejected it.
The commission was constituted in 2008 to probe the mysterious death of Dipesh Vaghela (10) and Abhishek Vaghela (11), after their decomposed bodies were found from the banks of Sabarmati River near Asaram Bapu`s ashram here. The boys were students at the ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter