Breathtaking adventure by Indian Air Force, Army
Port Blair: A canopy of colourfully descending parachutes manoeuvred by sky-divers and vrooming bullets enthralled the gathering as adventure teams of the Indian Air Force and the Army engaged in breathtaking display here on Thursday.
Locals and children`s roar of approval filled the Netaji Stadium here as sky divers of IAF`s Akash Ganga team emerged as dots from a speeding aircraft 8,000 feet above.
School children with their parents thronged the stadium as the sky divers descended on the scenic landscape.
Then it was time for Indian Army`s Tornado Team, whose skills with 500 cc Royal Enfield bullets kept the gathering spellbound for over an hour.
The bullets, which made several rounds of display of mastery in biking and adventure received rounds of applause from the youth and children.
The martial art display of the Andaman and Nicobar Police was a treat for the audience.
The tunes of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry and the Indian Navy was the wonderful signing off to the event.
The display was part of the ninth biennial international naval exercise MILAN-2014, a five-day event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees