Breathtaking adventure by Indian Air Force, Army
Port Blair: A canopy of colourfully descending parachutes manoeuvred by sky-divers and vrooming bullets enthralled the gathering as adventure teams of the Indian Air Force and the Army engaged in breathtaking display here on Thursday.
Locals and children`s roar of approval filled the Netaji Stadium here as sky divers of IAF`s Akash Ganga team emerged as dots from a speeding aircraft 8,000 feet above.
School children with their parents thronged the stadium as the sky divers descended on the scenic landscape.
Then it was time for Indian Army`s Tornado Team, whose skills with 500 cc Royal Enfield bullets kept the gathering spellbound for over an hour.
The bullets, which made several rounds of display of mastery in biking and adventure received rounds of applause from the youth and children.
The martial art display of the Andaman and Nicobar Police was a treat for the audience.
The tunes of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry and the Indian Navy was the wonderful signing off to the event.
The display was part of the ninth biennial international naval exercise MILAN-2014, a five-day event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened