Bridge collapse: One more body found, toll climbs to 36
Jaipur: One more body was recovered on Wednesday
from the debris of an under-construction bridge that collapsed
over Chambal river here, pushing the death toll to 36 in the
"In the evening, rescuers extricated a mutilated body
from the rubble," Kota Collector T Ravikant said.
Eleven people were still missing and believed to be
trapped under the concrete.
A team of National Disaster Relief Force from Ahmedabad
is, at present, engaged in removing debris from the accident
Forty-seven people were engaged in work when the bridge,
which was under construction, collapsed over river Chambal on
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)_has given
a clean chit to two construction firms -- Gammon India and
Hyundai Engineering -- in connection with crumbling of the
"We have not found Gammon India and Hyundai guilty,"
NHAI chairman Brijeshawar Singh told reporters at the scene of
the accident on Monday night.
There were "some technical reasons" behind the collapse,
he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'