Bridge collapse: One more body found, toll climbs to 36
Jaipur: One more body was recovered on Wednesday
from the debris of an under-construction bridge that collapsed
over Chambal river here, pushing the death toll to 36 in the
"In the evening, rescuers extricated a mutilated body
from the rubble," Kota Collector T Ravikant said.
Eleven people were still missing and believed to be
trapped under the concrete.
A team of National Disaster Relief Force from Ahmedabad
is, at present, engaged in removing debris from the accident
Forty-seven people were engaged in work when the bridge,
which was under construction, collapsed over river Chambal on
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)_has given
a clean chit to two construction firms -- Gammon India and
Hyundai Engineering -- in connection with crumbling of the
"We have not found Gammon India and Hyundai guilty,"
NHAI chairman Brijeshawar Singh told reporters at the scene of
the accident on Monday night.
There were "some technical reasons" behind the collapse,
he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!