Bridge collapse: One more body found, toll climbs to 36
Jaipur: One more body was recovered on Wednesday
from the debris of an under-construction bridge that collapsed
over Chambal river here, pushing the death toll to 36 in the
"In the evening, rescuers extricated a mutilated body
from the rubble," Kota Collector T Ravikant said.
Eleven people were still missing and believed to be
trapped under the concrete.
A team of National Disaster Relief Force from Ahmedabad
is, at present, engaged in removing debris from the accident
Forty-seven people were engaged in work when the bridge,
which was under construction, collapsed over river Chambal on
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)_has given
a clean chit to two construction firms -- Gammon India and
Hyundai Engineering -- in connection with crumbling of the
"We have not found Gammon India and Hyundai guilty,"
NHAI chairman Brijeshawar Singh told reporters at the scene of
the accident on Monday night.
There were "some technical reasons" behind the collapse,
he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued