Bring back Sarabjeet`s belongings from Pak: Sister demands
New Delhi: Sister of Sarabjeet Singh, the Indian prisoner who was killed in a Lahore jail, on Tuesday demanded that all his belongings and the money he had earned through labour in the Pakistani prison should be brought back home.
Dalbir Kaur told Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that Sarabjeet`s belongings, clothes and other items he had kept with him during his stay in Lahore`s infamous Kot Lakhpat jail should be brought back to India.
Kaur told the Home Minister that the money Sarabjeet had earned in the jail through his labour should also be brought back home.
"The Home Minister assured that everything will be brought back from Pakistan as soon as possible," she told reporters after meeting Shinde.
Kaur said a memorial will be constructed in Sarabjeet`s village in Punjab and all his belongings and the money he had earned will be kept there as memorabilia.
Sarabjeet was convicted by a Pakistani court after his arrest for terrorism in 1991 and kept in the Pakistani prison till he was attacked by fellow inmates in April 2013. A few days later he died in a hospital in Lahore.
However, India had been maintaining that Sarabjeet was a farmer who strayed into Pakistan from his village located along the border in an inebriated condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days